Balance Aged Care  Logo

Balance Retirement & Aged Care Specialists

What pension am I entitled to?

To be entitled to the Age Pension, you must be old enough, to be eligible for the Disability Pension you must be disabled, to be eligible for the unemployment benefits -you need to be unemployed.

Therefore, firstly you need to be eligible for a particular type of benefit. Secondly you also need to satisfy the means test, which is made up of the assets test & the income test. Whichever test gives you the smallest pension entitlement is the test that is applied.

The Centrelink website gives you a pretty good overview of all the different types of pensions available. If you also look at our latest newsletter, it provides you with the current maximum Age, Disability Pensions (Centrelink) & Service Pensions, EDA, TPI, & War Widows pensions (DVA).

    Contact Balance Aged Care Specialists in regards to Pension Advice






    I am interested in
    How can I maximise my pension?I am having trouble with Centrelink/ DVA what should I do?How to claim a pension?How do I know if I am getting the right amount of pension?What pension am I entitled to?What alternatives do I have?